Product Information & Maintenance
Aizada Imports Felt Products
We have made great efforts to ensure the standards of our products meet the requirements of the American market. By their nature, felts and wool products are both durable and strong and maintain their colors and shape beautifully.
We don't wish to imply that our products would require greater care than more conventional materials such as cotton or synthetics, but we simply want to offer some tips on maintenance to keep them in the best condition possible for as long as possible.
Climate & Location
Extreme climates where the felt could remain damp or vulnerable to moths and insects for a prolonged amount of time can cause damage to almost any felt products. (This would be the same for most natural products in damp, wet or pest prone area).
As a result, the products lend themselves to the Midwest of USA very well. However considerations may need to be taken in southern and coastal areas where temperatures and moisture levels can damage the products. We recommend consulting with us before purchasing products for areas such as these. Depending on the product, we can give an honest opinion on whether you may have any issues in your area.
There is the option to use chemical spray as an additional preventative but, not only do we prefer to keep the products natural, but after 10 years of business in Montana we have found that such procedures have not been necessary.
Cleaning Our Felt
For rugs and large items:
- They can be vacuumed on a low setting and without any brush attachments.
- Spot cleaning is ideal, dabbing with lightly soapy lukewarm water.
For general felt products and items:
- So long as the product does not become soaked through and the water is not too hot, the wool is actually very easy to clean.
- Very hot liquids applied to dyed felt can bleed colors and warp the shape.
- Some items and clothing, such as our hats, dolls, slippers and bags could be machine washed on a very low, cold temperature setting.
- However for the safest approach we advise to hand wash products and to try not to saturate/soak the products with water/soap.
- Our non-felt products and items from other countries are almost all labeled with their material type and in turn can be individually assessed as to their most suitable cleaning method but feel free contact us for more information.
Our products are hand made and can have slight variations in dimensions and color. Due to an ever evolving stock, please contact us if you have any questions or need any further information.